Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lupe's Fiasco (At Hip-Hop Honors)



To be perfectly honest, I'm not too familiar with Midnight Marauders either... And to be honest, at first I didn't realize he did mess up... But now that he's had his hall of fame hissy I'm VERY AWARE. Brought up on Gangster-Rap my ass, when you're gonna pay tribute to a group like ATCQ and you mess up I'll tolerate it, when you mess up and SPAZ!!!! We have a problem...
Lupe's The Cool drops in October(?)

“The label brought the idea to me and I told them that I didn’t think it was cool because I didn’t grow up on them. People are going to think that’s phony,” Fiasco stated. “I think people who know that I haven’t listened to the Midnight Maurauders album are going to look at me and say its phony. They gave me mad press kits on Tribe and I was like ‘I know who they are!’ but now this was becoming (even more) phony because I had to beef up and play a role that I know them. Just for the sake of putting on a facade for my fans? I’ll never do that.”
UPDATE: I don't hate Lupe anymore, at least he man'd up...

No comments: